Back to School Prayers for Parents, Students and Teachers



For High School and College Students

A Student's Prayer (by St. Thomas Aquinas)

Come, Holy Spirit, Divine Creator, true source of light and fountain of wisdom! Pour forth your brilliance upon my dense intellect, dissipate the darkness which covers me, that of sin and of ignorance. Grant me a penetrating mind to understand, a retentive memory, method and ease in learning, the lucidity to comprehend, and abundant grace in expressing myself. Guide the beginning of my work, direct its progress, and bring it to successful completion. This I ask through Jesus Christ, true God and true man, living and reigning with You and the Father, forever and ever.
Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady (by St. Thomas Aquinas)

O Mary, Seat of Wisdom, so many persons of common intellect have made through thy intercession admirable progress in their studies. I hereby choose thee as guardian and patron of my studies. I humbly ask thee to obtain for me the grace of the Holy Spirit, so that from now on I could

understand more quickly,
retain more readily, and
express myself more fluently.

May the example of my life serve to honor thee and thy Son, Jesus.

Amen.

Our Lady Seat of Wisdom, pray for us!


Parent's / Teacher's Prayers for Students


We pray for all students

That they may learn and study

With Christ’s wisdom and understanding

And use all knowlege to make this world

A better place to live.

We pray for all parents and teachers

That they may bring to the children

The love of God first

Then love for God next.

With Christ as the anchor of learning

We shall prevail

And achieve that which Christ

Has planned for each child He brings

To this world.

We pray with Mary,

In her Son’s name, Jesus,

Amen!

-Easter A.

Via A Catholic Mom in Hawaii.


Father of all mercies

We ask that you would bless

the youngest and littlest of learners,

the most helpless and powerless of persons,

with Your infinite and loving mercy,

granting them the strength to learn, concentrate,

and act appropriately towards their teachers and fellow students.

We also ask that You would watch over them,

at home and at school

and grant them proper direction so that they may learn

of Your wonderful virtues.

We ask this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

~ by David Bennett via Nick at Catholic School Chronicle.


Loving God,

Our Creator, our Savior, our Companion,
bless this journey of a new school year that we undertake today.
Refresh our souls
and renew our spirits
as we embrace the beautiful ministry you have called us to.
We welcome those who are new to this community and
ask that you strengthen them to share the wonderful gifts you have given them.
Lord, make our hearts pure as we prepare for the return of students to this school,
and may you guide them to return with open hearts and minds eager to learn.

We ask this in Your name,
Amen.

- Via St. Mary's Press.


Prayer for Students

Lord our God,
in your wisdom and love
you surround us with the mysteries of the universe.
Send your spirit upon these students
and fill them with your wisdom and blessings.
Grant that they may devote themselves to their studies
and draw ever closer to you,
the source of all knowledge.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Prayer of Teachers

Lord Jesus, when you lived and worked and talked among the people, they called you Teacher. Help me to remember the greatness of the work which has been given to me to do. Help me always to remember that I work with the most precious material in the world, the mind of a child. Help me always to remember that I am making marks upon that mind which time will never rub out.

Give me patience with those who are slow to learn, and even with those who refuse to learn. When I have to exercise discipline, help me to do so with sternness and yet with love. Keep me from the sarcastic and the biting tongue, and help me always to encourage and never to discourage those who are doing their best, even if that best is not very good.

Help me to help these children, not only to store things in their memories, but to be able to use their minds, and to think for themselves. And amidst the worries and the irritations and the frustrations of my vocation, help me to remember that the future of the Church, the nation and of the world is in my hands. This I ask for your love’s sake. Amen

-- Via Catholic Prayers

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots