7QT: Consecration, Saints, Souls, and Satire



1. This is the time of year that I devote 33 days to prayer and study in order to prepare to renew my Marian consecration, which I originally made over twenty years ago. This week, I wrote an article entitled "What is Marian Consecration?" in which I explain the reasons for Marian consecration and the ways in which it is done. I also learned something new today. In preparation for the Jubilee Year of Mercy, beginning on December 8th, the Marians of the Immaculate Conception are putting the stories and devotions from the book: 33 Days to Morning Glory online. It is an awesome opportunity to reap the benefits of a most beautiful book and devotion! Click here for Day 1. Don't worry if you see this late or can't make every day -- go ahead and begin. You won't regret it.



2. We celebrated All Saints' Day this past week. Here are seven quotes from the saints on sanctity.



3. Are you praying for the Souls in purgatory? November is devoted to the Holy Souls in purgatory. Here are Ten Ways to Pray for the Poor Souls.



4.  Zenit interviewed me on my book "Seven Saints for Seven Virtues" and published the interview on Monday. It was an excellent write up!


5. Connie Rosini at Contemplative Homeschool begins her series on St. John of the Cross, a saint who has always fascinated me.

6. As I may have mentioned a time or two, Fall is my favorite season. Here are a few fall photos from my neighborhood.





7. I will leave you with this thought...


Have a wonderful weekend!
Jean

For More Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Aint the Lyceum.  

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots