7QT: Midwest Catholic Family Conference


Here I am at the Casting Nets booth with Chris Stewart.

1. This past weekend I attended the Midwest Catholic Family Conference in Wichita and look who I met up with there -- Chris Stewart and Tony Brandt, whose new book, Casting Nets: Grow Your Faith by Sharing Your Faith was just released!

Then, I met up with Tony Brandt, who is proudly displaying the new Casting Nets book.



2. You'll never guess who I met up wth next. One of my favorite priests whose videos I love posting here at Catholic Fire... 


Fr. James Kubicki

3. The best part of attending the conference is hearing the speaker's panel answer questions asked by the audience. And here are a few faces from that group...


From Left to Right: Dr. Tim Gray, Fr. James Kubicki, Tim Staples, and Luke Maxwell

4.  I also had the opportunity to listen to Dr. Pia Solenni's talk on St. John Paul II’s Letter to Families, which was very informative and interesting.

5. REMINDER: On Saturday, August 15, the Historic 2015 National 54 Day Rosary Novena for the Family and Marriage begins. Mark your calendar now!

6. This week we celebrated the feasts of some terrific saints: St. Lawrence, deacon and martyr, St. Clare of Assisi,  and St. Jane Frances de Chantal.

7. Today is the feast one of my favorite saints, St. Maximillian Kolbe! Happy Feast Day, St. Max!

Have a wonderful weekend and a great week! 

Jean

For more Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum.


 ~ All photos and information copyright Jean M. Heimann 2015

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots