7 Quick Takes: A Week of Blessings


Our Lady of La Salette

1.  Happy Feast Day of Our Lady of La Salette

2. A prayer that I have been praying for daily for three months was answered today and I thank God for that! I received a check that was over three months late and was beginning to wonder if it would ever come. I was praying novenas to St. Joseph and St. Therese and today when I asked my Facebook friends to join me in prayer that it arrive in today's mail, it did!

3. Something happened to me recently that was a little "miraculous." I had been shopping in Aldi for groceries, and when I went to check out, my debit card would not work. I thought I had put in the wrong pin number. The clerk told me to run it again, which I did, and it still wasn't working. I started to try it again and he said the machine wouldn't take it. While I stood there, wondering what to do next (and saying a quick prayer), as I didn't have the cash to pay for the groceries, the woman behind me paid for the items in my cart! I saw her pull out some cash and thought she was paying for her own groceries. Then, when the clerk told me what she had done, my eyes started to tear up and I hugged her. I also thanked her. She smiled and said, "Have an awesome day!" I left in a state of stupor. I still can't believe that happened. Believe me, I have been praying for that woman and her special intentions and have asked God to bless her abundantly for her kindness.

4.  This week, I have a guest post on Catholic Fire, which became very popular fast. And, no wonder! It is written by a super-smart, lovely lady who is a strong prayer warrior and a talented writer. Check out The Miraculous Power of the Eucharist and Prayer in our Fight Against Evil by guest blogger Janet Moore.

5.  This week I wrote about St. Joseph of Cupertino, in my blog post, St. Joseph of Cupertino: A "Stupid" Man or a Spiritually Gifted Saint?  I have included prayers and a link to a novena.

6. Monday was the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows and I wrote about this beautiful feast day and devotions on Catholic Fire.

7. I am looking forward to a relaxing, fun weekend and will fill you in next week.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

For more quick takes, visit Jen at conversiondiary.com


Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots